Ensuring the city’s highways and structures are maintained and improved to the highest quality.
In 2014 NRP was appointed by Westminster City Council to undertake compliance audits of the City Council’s highways and transportation contracts. The appointment has led to an extremely successful collaborative arrangement that was extended for a further four years till 2022.
WCC operate five highways and transportation contracts delivering a range of services across the Councils assets including but not limited to:
- Reactive and Routine Maintenance
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Public Realm improvement works
- Traffic Regulation Orders
The assets include, carriageway, footways, drainage systems, bridges and structures, street lighting and open spaces.
NRP undertake monthly, quarterly, six month and annual sample audits of all services delivered to ensure the Councils Service Providers are complying with their contract requirements, the works specification and are applying for payment accurately.
NRP also provide a range of other services to the City Council including quantity surveying, commercial management, and contractual advice and project management services. This is especially relevant to Public Realm Projects, with typical activities being:
- Assessing cost estimates (with priced Bills of Quantities);
- Advising on compensation events and quotations;
- Undertaking site visits for checking progress, defects and for monthly valuations;
- Checking final payment applications.
Over-and-above this, NRP are required to work with the Council and the Service Providers to help improve the services being provided, the cost efficiency and overall condition of the asset to ensure, “world class streets”.